Here at the Southwestern Company we always hear stories from customers who are happily surprised when they ‘discover’ that our students are legitimate sales people!
We encourage everyone to be alert and look for ‘red flags’ when dealing with unknown sales people. Below are a few tips that will help you identify a Southwestern Company student dealer and should be kept in mind for all door-to-door sales calls.
Legitimate salespeople, including Southwestern Company student dealers will:
- Identify themselves immediately, and have a photo ID in sight
- Identify the products they are selling and the name of their product provider
- Possess a solicitation permit (if required)
- Have the product or a sample in their possession
- Will not use high-pressure sales tactics
- Respect a consumer’s privacy
- Respect a consumer’s right to end the sales call at any time
- Explain verbally and in writing the cancellation policy which Federal law states as a three-day cooling-off period
- Leave two copies of the receipt